Chlorinated Rubber MIO Intermediate Coating.htm
HJ-1124 is a phisically drying, plastisized chlorinated
rubber based intermediate coat, containing M.I.O as a
rust preventing pigment.
As a water resistant intermediate coat in underwater and
above water systems such as ships hulls, decks and
superstructures, offshores structures, structural steel and
pipping in chemical plants, refineries, bridges and cranes.
It is also suitable for drinking water systems.
- Excellent water resistance
- Durability in severe marine atmosphere
- Fast drying
The surface must be clean, dry and free of grease, millscale,
rust and dirt.
Colour Gre y
Volume Solids 43 ± 2%
Specific Gravity 1.25 ± 0.05 gr/cm3
Flash Point 24 °C
Recommended D.F.T. 40 - 60 microns
Theoretical coverage 10.75 - 7.2sqm/lit
8.6 - 5.76 sqm/kg
Practical Coverage depends on loss factor
Touch dry 30 min at °C.
Hard dry 2 hours at °C
Thermal Resistance Continuous 60 °C
Non-continuous 65 °C
Shelf life 12 months at 25 °C
Package liter container
Air / Airless spray, Application method
Nozzle orifice .017" – .021"
Nozzle pressure 150 bar / 20 Psi
Application temperature 10 - 50 °C
Mixing ratio Single pack
Pot life N/A
Recoat interval Min 6 hrs at °C
(see remarks overleaf)
Application Procedure HJ-1124
1. Flush all equipment with recommended cleaner before use.
2. Stir the product thoroughly with a power mixer.
3. For conventional spray, thin with no more than -30% of
recommended thinner for workability. For airless spray10% of
thinner is normally sufficient.
4. Apply a wet coat by parallel passes. Overlap each pass 50%
to avoid bare areas, pinholes or holidays.
5. Double coat all welds, rough spots, sharp edges, rivets,
bolts, etc. to ensure proper thickness.
6. Check thickness of dry coating with a non-destructive dry
film thickness gauge. Recoat if greater thickness is required.
Note: If the maximum recoating interval is exceeded,
roughening of the surface is necessary to ensure intercoat
7. Random pinholes, holidays and small damaged or bare areas
can be touched up by brush when the film is dry to touch.
Larger areas should be resprayed.
8. In confined areas ventilate with clean air during application
and drying until all solvents are removed.
9. Clean all equipment with recommended cleaner immediately
Surface temperature must be at least 3°C above dew
Relative humidity during application should be less
Do not apply coatings under reverse environmental
This product is flammable. Keep away from heat
and open flame. Keep container closed. Avoid
prolonged and repeated contact with skin.
Since improper use and handling can be hazardous
to health and cause fire or explosion, safety
precautions included with application instructions
must be observed during all storage, handling, use
and drying periods.
If used in confined areas:
- circulate adequate fresh air continuously during
application and drying.
- Use fresh air masks and explosion proof
- Prohibit all flames, sparks, welding and smoking
- Take precautionary measures against static
Keep away from food products.
Storage and Handling
The products must be stored in accordance with
The products should be kept in a cool and well
ventilated place protected from heat and direct
sunlight. Containers must be kept tightly closed.
Handle with care. Stir well before use.
The information in this data sheet is given to the
best of our knowledge based on laboratory testing
and practical experience.
However we reserve the right to change the given
data without notice.
Any recommendation relating to the use of the
products, is based on data believed to be reliable. It
is buyer to satisfy itself of the suitability of the
product for its own particular use .
As the product is often used under conditions
beyond our control, we cannot guarantee anything
but the quality of the product itself.