Epoxy Phenolic Topcoat
A two component, polyamine cured epoxy
As a protective coating in industrial and marine
structures, over concrete or metal surfaces.
Resistant to a variaty of chemicals, fuel oils & solvents.
As a general purpose is suitable for lining storage tanks
ship tanks exposed to immersion, splash sea water.
- Excellent oil resistance
- Excellent chemical resistance against acids and alkalies
- Corrosion resistance in moderately to severely
-Suitable for steel & concrete exposed to splash. Spillage,
fumes of corrosive chemical.
- Suitable as a lining in storage tanks, on substate
exposed to immersion and splash of seawater.
The surface must be clean and dry. All dirt, grease, millscales
and any other foreign materials should be
removed. Old primed surfaces must be smoothly wire
Colour Upon request
Volume Solids 65 ± 2%
Specific Gravity 1.4 ± 0.05 gr/cm3
Flash Point 26 °C
Recommended D.F.T. 100 - 150 microns
Theoretical Coverage 6.5-4.3 sqm/lit
Practical Coverage depends on loss factor
Touch dry 2 hrs at 20 °C
Hard dry 1 week at 20 °C
6 days at 35 °C
Thermal Resistance continuous 160 °C *
Non- continuous 180 °C
Shelf life 12 months at 25 ° C
Package 5 & 20 liter container
Application method Air/Airless spray , Brush
Nozzle orifice .018"-.021"
Nozzle pressure 200 bar / 2900 Psi
Pump ratio Min 45:1
Mixing ratio Base / Hardener
4 / 1 by weight
Thinner/Cleaner RZT- 53
Pot life 2 hrs at 20°C
Recoat interval min: 24 hrs at 20°C
Recoat interval max: 21 days at 20°C
1. Flush all equipment with recommended cleaner before use.
2. Stir the product thoroughly with a power mixer.
3. For conventional spray, thin with no more than 20% of
recommended thinner for workability. For airless spray 10% of
thinner is normally sufficient.
4. Apply a wet coat by parallel passes. Overlap each pass 50%
to avoid bare areas, pinholes or holidays.
5. Double coat all welds, rough spots, sharp edges, rivets,
bolts, etc. to ensure proper thickness.
6. Check thickness of dry coating with a non-destructive dry
film thickness gauge. Recoat if greater thickness is required.
Note: If the maximum recoating interval is exceeded,
roughening of the surface is necessary to ensure intercoat
7. Random pinholes, holidays and small damaged or bare areas
can be touched up by brush when the film is dry to touch.
Larger areas should be resprayed.
8. In confined areas ventilate with clean air during application
and drying until all solvents are removed.
9. Clean all equipment with recommended cleaner immediately
Surface temperature must be at least 3°c above dew
Relative humidity during application should be less
Do not apply coatings under reverse environmental
This product is flammable. Keep away from heat
and open flame. Keep container closed. Avoid
prolonged and repeated contact with skin.
Since improper use and handling can be hazardous
to health and cause fire or explosion, safety
precautions included with application instructions
must be observed during all storage, handling, use
and drying periods.
If used in confined areas:
- circulate adequate fresh air continuously during
application and drying.
- Use fresh air masks and explosion proof
- Prohibit all flames, sparks, welding and smoking
- Take precautionary measures against static
Keep away from food products.
Storage and Handling
The products must be stored in accordance with
The products should be kept in a cool and well
ventilated place protected from heat and direct
sunlight. Containers must be kept tightly closed.
Handle with care. Stir well before use.
The information in this data sheet is given to the
best of our knowledge based on laboratory testing
and practical experience.
However we reserve the right to change the given
data without notice.
Any recommendation relating to the use of the
products, is based on data believed to be reliable. It
is buyer to satisfy itself of the suitability of the
product for its own particular use .
As the product is often used under conditions
beyond our control, we cannot guarantee anything
but the quality of the product itself.