Epoxy Powder Coating
Feiyang-623 is an epoxy powder coating with a high flow finish suitable for a wide range of interior applications.
Feiyang-623 is easy to apply to many substrates, and results in a film with outstanding wear and chemical resistances.
Great chemical resistance
Excellent surface hardness
Solvents free or emissions
Very good flow
Hard wearing/serviceable finish
Less waste and pollution to the environment
Feiyang-623 has a wide range of applications over various substrates including steel and aluminum e.g automotive components, bathroom fittings, computer equipment, electrical equipment, shelving, white goods, office equipment etc..
- Heat: Excellent resistance to 1°C continuous service conditions.
- Salt Spray: Very good salt spray resistance. 2 - 3mm adhesion loss at scribe after 500 hours salt spray on steel.
- Humidity: Excellent resistance to 38°C/100% humidity for 250 hours on steel or chromated aluminum.
- Abrasion: Excellent resistance to abrasion.
- Acid: Resistant to spills of acid.
- Alkali: Resistant to spills of dilute alkali.
- Pencil Hardness: Min 3H
- Flexibility: Pass 80 inch/lb
- Cross Hatch Adhesion: No removal
Excellent resistance to oils and general solvents.
Ethyl Acetate: Softens after prolonged contact
White Spirits: Resistant
Xylene: Slight softening/limit contact
Methyl Ethyl Ketone: Softens after prolonged contact
Color: A range of made to order colors available.
Specific gravity: 1.3 - 1.7 @ color
Gloss Level: 5 - 98% at 60°, as required
Shelf life: 12 months when stored below 30°C/dry conditions
Application Method: Electrostatic spray.
Clean Up: Dust or vacuum loose powder. Avoid use of compressed air.
Metal Temperature (°C)
Cured Film Thickness
Recommended: 80 μm
Range: 50 – 1 μm
Note: Curing below metal temperatures of 160°C, or above metal temperatures of 0°C are not recommended.
Theoretical spreading rate at recommended film thickness
A coverage rate of 8 - 10m2/kg is commonly experienced. Practical spreading rates will vary due to such factors as method and conditions of application and surface profile and texture.
All surfaces should be degreased and pre-treated for optimal performance. Suitable pre-treatment includes:
Aluminum Yellow chromate or green chromate/phosphate .
Ferrous metals Zinc phosphate or Iron phosphate (refer BS6497)
Zinc Coated Metals
Zinc phosphate or chromate (refer BS6497) (eg. galvanizing)
Application Procedure and Equipment
- For fluidized bed, ensure uniform fluidization of powder. Fluidized powder should resemble “simmering liquid”. Aged or compacted powder may require pre-conditioning for several minutes to fluidize evenly.
- For box feeders, ensure probe is fully inserted in powder and operated as per manufacturer’s recommendations.
- 2. Apply by electrostatic spray.
- 3. Cure as per recommendations outlined above.
- 4. Test for cure of the coating by contact with a drop of solvent for 30 seconds. Surface should be wiped dry and immediately checked for softening. Only slight surface softening should occur.
Care and Maintenance
- To maintain the attractive appearance of the Feiyang-623 film, it should be regularly washed with warm water and mild liquid detergent, followed by a fresh water rinse.
- The use of abrasive cleaners is not recommended, nor is the use of active organic solvents.
Precautions and Limitations
- As a result of possible wide application variations conditions, Feiyang-623 may show variation between Powder Coatings prepared samples and production applied material. Therefore, it is the applicator and/or their customer’s responsibility to ensure the product conforms to their requirements.
- For optimum corrosion performance ensure recommended dry film thickness is obtained.
Transport and Storage
Dangerous Goods Class: N/A
Package Group: N/A
Shipment Name: Not dangerous goods. No special transport requirements.