Zinc Chromate Primer is designed to provide excellent
corrosion resistance and adhesion to many types of metal
surfaces. The soya-alkyd resin provides wetting characteristics;
the zinc chromate provides excellent rust inhibitive
1. RECOMMENDED USES: Use as a primer for interior
or exterior metal surfaces such as structural steel, iron, galvanized
metal, tanks, water towers, fire escapes, doors, etc.
2. LIMITATIONS: Do not paint over chalk, dust, dirt,
grease, mildew, rusty or glossy surfaces. For interior/exterior
use. Apply only when the atmospheric temperature and surface
temperature will remain above 50° F, and not in foggy or rainy
weather.Not to be recoated with aromatic or other strong
3. RECOMMENDED FINISHES:
F1001 Alkyd Semi-gloss, F102A Alkyd Semi-gloss, F201A Velvet
Flat, F103B Imflo Alkyd Gloss.
4. COLOR: Yellow
5. TECHNICAL DATA:
DRYING TIME: @ 77° F and 50% RH:
2-4 hrs. - TO TOUCH
12 hrs. - TO RECOAT
COVAGE: 500 SQ. FT. @ 1.23 MIL DFT
VISCOSITY: 81 KU
VEHICLE TYPE: Soya Alkyd Resin
SOLIDS BY VOLUME: 43.41
WEIGHT P GALLON: 11.5
FLASH POINT: 105° F.
VOC 3.685 LB./GAL.
6. SURFACE PREPARATION: Surface must be dry and
free of chalk, dirt, grease, oil and mildew.
7. MIXING: One component. Stir thoroughly in a lifting
motion before using.
8. THINNING: Mineral spirits if necessary
9. SHELF LIFE: 12 Months
10. CLEAN-UP: Mineral spirits.